Valentine's Day is around the corner, and love is in the air! With all.things.love the theme for February, now is a great time to share the love of Christ with others. Here are 28 ways to do just that, one for every day this month!
1. Think before speaking
2. Pray for others
3. Don't yell
4. Buy a stranger's meal
5. Smile at strangers and say hi
6. Give a single parent a gift card for an oil change
7. Offer to babysit kids so a single mom can go grocery shopping
8. Listen to understand, not to be understood
9. Support a foster family with a meal, grocery gift card, or cash
10. Send a real card to a senior citizen (or to a little child)
11. Bring a fruit / snack basket to a family with a loved one in the hospital
12. Read to your children
13. Have lunch with your child at school
14. Put the cell phone down and have a real conversation
15. Leave the quarter in the Aldi cart with a note taped to it: "Jesus paid my debt; this cart's on me."
16. Go through the church directory and pray for each individual by name
17. Fill up your teenager's car with gas AND run it through the car wash
18. Bless a stay-at-home mom with coffee and doughnuts at her door... Provide conversation too!
19. Make and distribute blessing bags for the homeless (with your kids)
20. Foster children if you are able
21. Financially support a missionary
22. Talk with someone at church who is sitting alone – even better: sit with them!
23. Notice when someone is not at church for more than a week – and make contact
24. Do something nice for your spouse without them noticing (and don't tell them)
25. Put the cart back in the corral without trash in it
26. Take a meal to a cancer patient (call first to ask preferences)
27. Bless a family who has special needs children with a meal
28. Share the Gospel
BONUS one (for Leap Year!) – Make a big batch of muffins or cookies. In a nice red paper bag with handles, put in six muffins, add a note, "Just wanted to tell you that YOU ARE LOVED by Jesus! Love, your neighbor!" and add a "You've Been Valentine'd!" sticker on the bag. You can put in a small devotional or a Scripture writing printable, Valentine's Day pencils, and a $5 gift card to a local coffee shop. Don't put your name or address on it – it's about Jesus and your neighbor. Put it at their door for them to find.
Want the free "You've Been Valentine'd" ready-to-print sticker sheet and the February Scripture Writing printable? Simply subscribe to the Near Your Altar email list!
And, by the way, Jesus loves you too!
Because He first loved us,
(c) 2018 Terrie McKee
This post may contain affiliate links to products and/or services, including those available on Amazon.com, as Near Your Altar is a participating member in the Amazon Affiliate Program in addition to other retail affiliates. These affiliate links help provide for this website as well as a small income to my family and I. Please consider clicking on the links to purchase or to browse the affiliate's website, which will open in a new window. We thank you for your support. ~ Terrie
Read Disclosure Policy here